Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Here we go Again!

You'd think I stopped on whatever journey I'd set out on at the start of the year huh? Well guess what... I did not! I just stopped blogging about it...well, the workouts anyway.

So much happened in the past 7 months and it was overwhelming enough without putting it out there, so I just preferred to handle it privately.

That said, I know my workouts have been MIA, but my aim right now is to do better at updating in here. Heck, I might be the only that reads this stuff anyway, even just to make sure its coherent, but if anybody else does come in here and read THANK you and I'm really really going to try, brownie promise :)

So I came down with the nastiest crap called dengue fever, and let me tell you buddy IT SUCKS ASS through a straw!!! THE worst sickness I have EVER had and one I would not wish on a fungus let alone a human being! To make a long story short, between the 10 day migraine, 3 day 105 degree fever, psoriasis like itching and redness and the joint pain, I can't decide what made me feel the sickest. I just was thankful for it to pass, the worst of it anyway! It did leave me with a week and half of sleeping days and night time restlessness, ZERO appetite (not even through measles and chicken pox did my need to feed go), extreme fatigue and yes that God forsaken itching...arghh! My skin is stil recovering from it, so long pants/tights have been the order for wear.



Its been 4 weeks since I got sick and now 1 week since being back to feeling like my old self. Let me tell ya, being sick just gave me a reality check! Do the stuff you dream of doing NOW and take NOTHING for granted! So, I am glad to be back but still listening to my body, if it says stop, you best believe I am going to! Besides , everyone I know that has had dengue has said that you really don't recover from it until around 2 months. WTH? I challenge that, cause as much as I agree it will take sometime, I am going to work on making it much shorter, what you think multivitamins, sleep, hydration and cardio is for???

Into the gym Monday for a short workout and a quick run and felt like doing the same today. So far, so good. Let's see what the next 5 weeks will bring...


Here We Go Again!

No comments:

Post a Comment