Thursday, October 18, 2012

Easy Breakfast Scramble

Breakfast is a very big deal for me because it usually falls after a workout! And by then I am ravenous. So I am big on getting that first meal in. Besides my mom used to tell us better to eat breakfast and refuse food later than to not eat and want food and cant get it later. So I make sure to saddle up with a big one and it takes me through a few hours so I can stay focused on my clients' and class schedules.


Sometimes though being pressed for time, means I don't get to make my usual fare. I really have to just throw something together. And this recipe is pretty much a "take anything you have in your fridge and toss it in a pan" kind of recipe. But what I love about it is you get so much bang for your buck and it goes a long way. Do it right and you'll even have left overs (I am just a greedy hag so of course I ate it all in one go...muscles need to be fed!)

Ingredients:

3 whole eggs + 1 egg white, whisked
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil (evoo)
2 tbsp red onions (I just looove red onions)
2 cherry tomatoes, roughly chopped
1/4 cup zucchini
1/4 cup cooked pumpkin (left over)
2 slices avocado, cubed
mrs dash 
salt or pepper to taste

Directions:

1. In a medium non-stick skillet, heat evoo and sauté red onions until slightly translucent 
2. Pour in egg mixture (seasoned with salt, pepper & mrs dash) and stir with a spatula or wooden spoon until eggs start to set. 
3. Add zucchini, pumpkin and tomatoes until combined.
4. Turn heat off, add avocado and cover skillet for 1 minute or just until veggies are heated.
5. Serve hot, by itself or have a piece of fruit and some green tea or coffee.

Hearty Breakfast for a Hectic Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment