Tuesday, October 2, 2012

L.O.E.W in the Oasis

What a rainy weekend it was...yes I am late in writing about it but hey, better late than never right?! I will not lie, I did enjoy the coolness that came with the rains and the fact that being a bum on Sunday (if you asked the typical household) was warranted. Provided of course you weren't battling with muddy waters, sinking roofs and a flooded out living room. My prayers go out to those affected by those rains and I ask the almighty for a speedy restoration to normalcy and safety for them.

Now back to my being-a-bum-ness. Before I settled into an evening of couch-sitting, I hit the gym for a quick run and workout. I ran a 5k distance, something, I hadn't expected to do so quickly after coming off sickness, but ecstatic I had accomplished.
Sunday Workout



Then I, along with two established and distinguished members of the L.O.E.W (can't reveal what this is but know that we embrace life and believe that nothing is impossible to achieve and so have set out on paths to do just that) made our way up to a place I call 'Mountain Oasis'. As cool and serene a place you won't find so close to Metropolis (and Hope Gardens doesn't count).
Overlooking the river - downstream


Upstream view
I can even go further and guarantee you that no other place has food as rich and uniquely celebratory of Jamaican fare as this hide away. It was our sanctuary for the morning-afternoon. Greeted by a most auspicious host and waiting staff eager to please and ensure we are satisfied, we were placed at a little alcove with a table big enough to seat eight and space to kick back, relax and ....breathe. After a starter of fruits and hot chocolate tea (complete in enamel mug) we chatted, observed, laughed and did nothing else. 30 minutes later we headed for the buffet line which greeted us all with the favourites, except the corned pork, but I won't make too much of a fuss because I was full...I mean really full afterwards!

R-L: Plantains, boiled banans sweet sweet roast breadfruit, d bades curried goat ever! bbq chicken, cook up callaloo and lettuce
My companions on the other hand, shortly after consuming all this glorius food, went into a state of postprandial stupor (google it if you aren't sure what it is). And this was the result. 


We were moved under the gazebo after the rains began, which then set the mood for really kicking back, and in true LOEW fashion, the lounge chairs were ordered.





I cannot say for certain how long we stayed there, but rain or no rain, it was indeed a beautiful, heart healthy (no comments please...lol), laughter inducing, happiness inspiring afternoon. THEN I went home and spent the remainder of the evening listening to the rain and being a bum!





1 comment:

  1. LOL! Glorious, absolutely glorious...Live while you are alive! Happiness health and prosperity. I was honoured to be a part of it

    ReplyDelete