Saturday, October 6, 2012

Paleo Banana Bread


This is what happens, when you don't post a recipe soon after testing it with good results: you have no story to inject as a prelude. *smacks hand across forehead* Silly me!

The only thing I even remember when I made this was that it was a Sunday and I was getting ready to watch Dexter. I had finished eating dinner, Chicken Cauliflower Fried Rice, and felt for something sweet. I had bananas (which I always seem to have these days) and so did a search for a quick gluten free banana bread recipe. I found one, but sadly I'm unable to find it again (its what happens when you set preferences to clear browsing history after x time), can't even remember the name of it, but I did scale it and it came out moist and with just the right amount of sweetness to satisfy my craving. Suffice it to say, this didn't last me two days. *hangs head in shame...NOT* lol!

Paleo Banana Bread (Gluten free)

Yields 6 servings

Ingredients:

1 cup almond flour/meal (I used a little less)
2tbsp ground flaxseed meal
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1oz chopped almonds
2 small bananas
2tbsp honey
1 whole egg
1/2 tsp vanilla extract

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees (my oven is slightly psycho so I have to set it lower than directed)
2. Mix dry ingredients in a bowl, set aside
3. In your handy dandy food processor, pulse bananas, honey, egg, vanilla and almonds until just combined.
4. Add dry ingredients and pulse again until well combined.
6. Pour batter into a greased loaf pan (I used the foil ones for easy disposal) and bake for 15-20 minutes or until toothpick or knife inserted comes out clean.

Enjoy with a scoop of ice cream or a cup of cocoa or coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment