| There is a saying that goes "Friendship make prosperity more shining and lessens adversity by dividing and sharing it" Never was there a truer statement if I've ever heard one. My week of correspondence proves to me that either the people I call friends are the worlds' craziest and have nothing to do with their lives or they've missed each other so much that they've turned on each other for not keeping in touch ! That's ironic too. The Preston Sketel Association (a.k.a PSA) developed in 1999 out of sheer idleness by a group of prestonites with nothing but fun on their minds. Since its inception, we've had a change in leadership, yet NO increase in membership! We've become somewhat of a secret society that has remained strong and vibrant and full of d same idlers (who now call themselves responsible hardworking ppl). It never fails to amaze me that even after months/years of not seeing or even talking to each other, when we all run into each other its almost as if the years have just rolled away and nothing has changed. With people like Skyscraper, Midnight, Diary, Shabby (that's me), Puzzle, Lunatic, Sandwich, Blank, Stiff, Position, Confused, Train, Dependz, Switch and Lorna (caa really fi har nickname neva ketch) you expect nothing but slackness , idle talk, serious dissing that would make the ordinary man/woman kill demself, and oh not to mention d pranks!! ALl in the name of good ole fun, and for Sky's sake to keep him young. The latest barage of emails proves even more to me that ya'll need to get a life, especially Skyscraper! Yuh naa married yute? Go have some red picknies and get cracking on becoming a grandpa! But without you guys, I don't know what would have happened to my sense of humour! Thanks a lot ya'll. I've never known a set of ppl who will cuss out dem one anodda like yuh wash dutty claat and at the same time be giving congratulations ...all in the same sentence! I'll never tire of hearing that! Cracks me up. But the one thing that truly keeps us together is our ability to keep it real. For without knowing the truth we can't make a decisionto be/do better or worse. Once again thank you all for that. Never a more diverse group of people these are. Well of course in every group yuh haffi have a bum but in our case we have several (Barry, Puzzle and Midnight me naa tell nobody seh a yuh me a talk). We have: the married woman who, doa she neva get d MRS at UWI, went very far to get (and even visited the Sex Museum I suppose as part of d matriculation requirements); then the bankers (well, one is loan offica and d odda me tink jus sidung inna d ppl dem bank a look cute); the confused professional student (who parts as a banker...god help we!!); the sports playing, gym buff and injured economist turned floating research analyst (cyaan find root apparently); the aeronautic customer service technician (who me hear drive a green (fit) cyar as taxi fi part time); the other professional student dat claim fi gone find greener pastures or as it is rumoured look ooman and get Univeristy fi pay fah (sic sense of humour the gods have I say); the 'search very hard fi d note, ketch it, loss it and cyaan ketch it back' professional singer and budding teacher, and then we have d pseudo english teachers in japan who instead of giving proper education, one end up a carry har puppa go a porn shop and d odda fine a likkle white brit dat rob him and mek him run off bout him gwaan do masta's (me wudda say d same ting too); and finally yuh ave d small island docta who clearly smell one too many dead body fi she claim (admit to and will fight all who have a problem wid it) involvement wid a certain 'red' bum who shall remain nameless (see Sky, I won't tell a soul) My oh my, see what I mean. Very diverse group of people I call my friends. Who may not call me that after they read this LOLOL. If anything dem gwine string me up fi all dat me call dem, and i will go down in the PSA archives as being all manner of names (which are not fit for this forum) or I may be removed , but i'll take my chances. So until the next one, I'll state that: "The language of frienship is not words but the meaning" |
Friday, November 11, 2005
The funniest people I know
Labels:
Blog
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment