Saturday, February 7, 2009

UNITY Run for Fun!

Me tell unno say me serious bout d hatta betta baddy dis year caa see it deh, jus like dat me goin do d UWI 5k tomorrow morning. I only found out about it on Thursday and invited my friends, of which only two will be doing it with me. Now I dont plan to run all out and kill myself because i would like to have the use of my legs for the remainder of the week. I entered the 'run' event but i know that I may end up slowing down to a brisk walk for which I dont mind. Slow steady is what I'm going for.

So on this saturday night I got inspired to try Howie's chilli recipe. I made a few additions to it, like adding lean beef and yellow squash. And some of the things used in there I don't normally have or use so I went and got them, things like zucchini, the beans, and chilli powder. I thoroughly enjoyed making it but man dis ya chilli powder nuh have nuttin name kick, and me nearly dun d whole sumting inna d pot. Listen yaa man, me dis dash it weh and tek out d REAL deal...good ole SCOTCHIE! Talk about hot chilli...yummm yumm! So to share with my friends...my version of D Chilli!

Now I are going to have me some fun tonight with my li'l brother who's here to visit me for a few days. I remember the last time Nadz and I went to 'Footloose', we go early like 11 (so yuh know dat is was jus US and d selecta) and by 12 we did a dead fi sleep! lol! We said it would have looked too bad if we lef b4 1 when most people start roll in, so we tried to stick it out till then. but i don't think we lasted 30 mins b4 we gave it up and went home! lolol. Therefore I will try not to make it too late given that i will be running at 7:15 in the morning.Happy Saturday nite!

1 comment:

  1. looking good girl, it not too bad nuh true. i amde another batch without meat and enjoying it again

    ReplyDelete