Thursday, July 2, 2009

Its not about lifting weights....its about lifting yourself!

So I've been absolutely horrible at this blogging thing for the past couple months (with my last blog being feb 8, as an inidicator), but can you blame me? I mean, preparing for a competition can be very grueling stuff with you trying to balance the training required, the cardio necessary, a 9-5 job, planning meals and everything else in your day, teaching classes...geesh! One can get pretty tired! And the last thing i wanted to do some nights was just lay down and sleep for nothing less than 10hrs. So for 6 months (especially the last 3), i was carb and sugar deprived, cranky, tired, miserable, snapping at all (especially in the gym) and all for what... 15 min of standing on stage in a itsy bity bikini being scrutinized by 7 judges (6 of which were men) and a room full of people unknown to me? But was it worth it? HELL YES!

Would i do it again? YUP, DEFINITELY (in 3 months to be exact)! My eagerness is not so much because i want to go through all that again, rather its because for me this is a quest to get it right! What does this mean? It means being deliberate and meticlous at training, it means getting in those 6 or so clean meals in each day, it means sticking with the cardio plan, it means getting proper rest and listening to the body, it means getting all aspects of this life together and working in sync. For me, this is simply about envisioning the kind of physique i've always wanted ON ME...and for that I am in Relentless Pursuit of It [Excellence]...to be the best I CAN BE! To some, this may seem like an act of vanity, to which I won't disagree simply because at the end of the day, my aim is to love how I feel and look in the mirror and love what i see! Don't get me wrong, i LOVE ME, no matter what shape I am in, but I LOVE me in the BEST SHAPE I can be, and if being 7% body fat (with very little boobs) with a 6 pack, shredded thighs and muscular guns (arms) is MY vision of MY BEST SHAPE...then sky's the limit!


Of course, this is a journey for life and one which I have not nor could do alone. Without the support of my family and friends, finding the motivation and will power to stick with such a program would be next to impossible if not failure ridden. Though, i may have opted not to eat certain foods when celebrating with friends (for whatever reason) or go dancing/partying because I needed to be in bed by X time, my friends and family have been a constant pillar of strength and support. For that I am truly thankful. Thanks ya'll!!

No comments:

Post a Comment