Thursday, July 2, 2009

Phase 3, Pit stops and Cake


So a quick run down of the past 3 weeks. The INBF barbados Grand Prix was a success! My 2nd place at that show I was happy with and walked away from the experience a better person and athlete! The judges told me what to do for the next showing and BY GOLLY I'm gonna give it to 'em!


So with just 11 weeks and 3 days to go, I am easing slowly back into the program. So far I'm feeling like i'm a newbie all over again...if the amount of muscle sorness is anything to go by. The 1 (almost 2) week break did me a world of good and I feel my body firing up ready to tackle the road again. I must say this though, I understand how easy it is for the average Jane to throw all diet attempts out the window when food can be SOOOO delicious! Although, this time around post competition, I have behaved myself and not binged as i hav edone after previous competitions. The rebound from doing so would have been disastrous both physcially and psychologically! So despite me hollering for cake the whole month, I still had not had any birthday cake until last week (June 26, 2009) when my office bought a pretty HUGE black forest cake celebrating my placing. Suffice it to say i only had ONE slice (albeit a failry big ...if you know the small portions i eat normally, my big and anybody else's i guarantee will be very different) and then later less than 1/2 cup of double fudge chocolate ice cream. of course i paid for such an indulgence on saturday with my stomach doing all kinds of crazy things to me...and reminded me once again why I am to stay away from such deliciousness!


Now that i've got my food fixes (except pizza) out of the way, I am back in the saddle and heading out on the range. I am already leaner now than I was before the start of my last prep so i am excited to see what the changes will be like. Again, I am working with Skip, who insists and I have to agree, that I was made to diet [like this]. My joints feel so much better, my sleep improves as does my stamina and endurance. My skin looks healthier and I am more focused, energized and happy! Even during this prep, as I got leaner, my energy levels did not fall as drastically as the last time, thanks to some changes made early in the diet and the consistency of the training. So as I move off from pit stop #1 and back out unto the track, I continue to look for discovering new things about myself and my body. I have conquered the little voice in my head that sometimes starts singing/shouting at me about cake and chocolate, wine and what not, by pulling out that pic of me lean and shredded...works everytime in shutting her up!


With the pressure slightly back off, I will now be moving back in the direction of getting some clients up and running for the summer. I have come to realize though that I am NOT a run of the mill trainer. My personality doesn't allow me to tolerate lazy, and unmotivated people. Sure clients will look to me for motivation, which I have no problem in providing. However I CANNOT and WILL not be motivated for someone who is not willing to do the work or get up and make the change they want to see in themselves. It has to START with them and they have to WANT it for themselves. I am simply a facilitator! If they want me to shout at them and be a drill seargent because they feel that that's the only way they will get moving then I AM YOUR GAL! If they want me to encourage them through the process when they are busting their asses to get it right and get it done but its not moving as fast as they thought...then I AM YOUR GAL! IF they want me to walk behind them and BEG them to get fit, to try, to eat cleaner, to DO SOMETHING, then "honey find a nex cubbihole fi go look inna, caa a no ME yuh want fi talk to caa me wud sooner tell yuh bout yuh modda!


Understand one basic principle in all of this, if nothing else, getting healthier means changing your STATE OF MIND! Forget the past, forget the myths, forget all you thought you knew! Focus on the now, where you want to go and what you want to see. Have a vision of what happiness is for you and GO AFTER it with your heart! Envision that you are already there, be positive about it, and it will materialize with the speed of the universe.

No comments:

Post a Comment