Monday, January 2, 2012

Helloooo 2012...how it has started and other ramblings...

I have long since stopped making resolutions and so 2012 for me is simply a continuation of 2011. I won't be making any 'new goals' instead I will be improving on the things I continue to do well and get rid of or redefine the ones I suck at. It also means putting more action into those dreams I have started to go after, removing the obstacles where I can and becoming more deliberate yet positive about the things I say, believe in and do. To that end, I am stating categorically that no time, and I repeat, NO TIME will be wasted on negative, small minded, disruptive and unambitious thoughts, things or people. I open heartedly embrace all that I am and all that God has planned for me. I have no doubt that good things come to those who wait but I can guarantee you that even better things come to those who work for it!  Will you be working towards your dream? Or will you wait for someone else to realize it for you? I certainly won't!



When it comes to body building there really is no 'off season' where you stop training, eating right or ensuring proper sleep and recovery time. There is just a time, between 20 weeks and 12 weeks, when the diet, cardio and training schedules are far more 'strict' than the other 32 or 40 weeks of the year.Its those 32 or 40 weeks of the year where MOST of the hard work is done. The rare times I train at normal gym hours, people always ask if I have a competition coming up because of how intense they see my sessions are. Unlike before where it used to annoy me, now I simply respond "I train like I always have a competition coming up". It is that work mindset I believe that will set me apart from other competitors when next I step on stage. On that day, I don't know who will show up or what condition they'll be in. So I can only work my hardest to improve on ME and go in faith that it will be good enough. With that in mind, I went in for my first workout of 2012 and I have to say that it was certainly a battle, one the IRON always seems to win...lol!

First order of attack was chest, shoulders, triceps, back width and back thickness. It being a holiday, many people took advantage and came out to get their own workout on so the gym was a bit crowded at 12 noon. Nevertheless I made it work and having Mike back in the gym as my workout buddy made it real kick ass one :) I even got in two videos done. I decided on a video log as well so 1) I can look at form and movement as well as to share with others, especially women, that I practice what I preach. :)

So here it is (vids to follow later):

W1: Chest/Shoulders/Triceps/Back Width/Back Thickness
Low Inclined Dumbell Presses: 55's x 15-12-8 (35rp)
Standing Push Press: 50lbs x15-12-10 (37rp)
Seated over/h extension: 40lbs x15,12,10 (ss) ---elbows did not like this hence the low lbs
Neutral Pulldowns: #80 x20, #90 x20, #100 x15  ---controlled negatives

Floor deadlifts: 185lbs x12, 205x12, 225lbs x12

To say I was floored after that is an understatement...but it certainly was a great way to kick things off. Helloooo 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment