Sunday, January 1, 2012

The Last of 2011....

The last few days of 2011 were indeed interesting, starting first of all with Christmas day being celebrated twice, followed by Jamaica's 16th general elections and lastly, as a result of those elections, the current government and ruling party being voted out by a landslide. This meant a rather short work week and continued Christmas celebrations for some while for others sadness and despair. For me, work continued as usual and that included getting in to the gym. I wanted my last two workouts of the year to set the tone for the coming year, 2012. I can't say I was disappointed either having decided to go back to a form of training I have always liked but couldn't spend the time on, DC (aka Doggcrapp) training. And with traffic slow and a little extra time these past few days I was able to give these workouts real focus and woiiiieeee did I! In return I am left with sore muscles I haven't had THIS sore in a very long time.

Key
??lbs refer to plate or loaded barbell weight
??'s refer to dumbell pounds,
#?? refer to the weight # on a machine
??rp refer to total sum of reps across 3 rest paused sets (eg. 12 reps -rest for 15 seconds, then do 6 reps, rest again then do another 3 reps)


So here is W1 and W2 with videos.


29/12/11
W1: Chest/Shoulders/Triceps/Back Width/Back Thickness
Decline dumbell presses: 55's x12-6-3 (19rp)
Machine Side Laterals (forced -ve): #50 x15-10-8 (33rp)
Lying EZbar skullcrushers: 50lbs x15-9-5 (29rp)
Underhand Pullups: BW x10-7-4 (21rp)
Meadows rows: 45lbs x15-10-8

31/12/11
W2: Calves/Hamstrings/BackT/Quads/Abs
Leg press toe presses: 180lbs x15+10 second squeeze, 15+10 second squeeze, 15+10 second squeeze
Dumbell SLDL: 60's x15, 65's x18

**Meadows rows: 45lb x17(R)/16(L), 45lb x12,12
decided to redo these for intense set of the month video submission. But maaaan did my lower back pay for it. I suspect i will be sore in them nether regions for a few days.

Back squat: 135lbs x15, 185lbs x15
Leg press widow: 270lb x30
Weighted crunches: #100 x20-15-15-15

End of year rant:
As the year came to a close I really took some time to reflect on the past 12 months, what I accomplished and what I didn't, where I grew and where I regressed, what I enjoyed the most and what I hated the worst. And I came to one conclusion, it ALL happened for a reason and I would not change a darn thing! I could go ahead and list all of these things but for me, the fact that LIFE is uncertain and you only live it once, I will not waste the time. In fact I am excitedly looking ahead to ALL THE POSSIBILITIES for me personally, in business, in love, in family and in Christ. There is no greater gift than that of Life and the more we seek to cherish that of ourselves and that of others, the happier we will be. Of course, this is my opinion and mine only. It matters not if others share the sentiment but I just want you all to understand that where I am coming from, God is at the forefront of mine and I need no greater shield, protector or guidance than that! This is 2012 and it is great to be here!

No comments:

Post a Comment