So yea, its a weird title I know but somedays you just have to change things around. And so it was I decided to wear THE brightest pair of tights I owned. It may have blinded a few people but it sure lit up my day. Its also weird (or maybe not) that I seem only to remember to film on leg days. I will be honest and say I am most confident and capable when working legs. I have no problem pushing myself as hard as I possibly can through a leg workout as I am when working back. But if you want to see me struggle and get miserable, then check me on a day I have chest to do...arghhhhh! It is most frustrating cause I seem not strong enough to throw the weights around or up for that matter as I can when pulling. I am determined to get there eventually though and will one day be just as confident as I am when I have a leg smasher to do.
Gotta give props to my friend/coach Shelby Starnes for this one. He's knowledgeable, professional and an all round nice guy to boot! :) Check him out if you need a prep coach.
Now here are two exercises I love and truly hate at the same time, especially when they come at the end of a workout. There are the dreaded squats, the ass to grass ones that make you feel like a locomotive train blowing through thick fog. You know you must get through it but somehow you feel blinded each time you get down in the pocket and then wonder how the heck to come back out of it. And following that comes the disgustingly tough stiff legged or romanian deadlifts. Those things can be a real pain in the arse, pun intended. But, they single handled will guarantee I am walking funny the next day and have lead to greater development of my hammies. No other posterior chain exercise, save for the might deadlifts, can claim that right and the heavier you go, the more it leaves you feeling like jumper cables are attached to your bum.
Shelby's little program had me questioning why I truly enjoy torturing myself but then the feeling of accomplishment cannot be traded once you get through. Sure I may hop around a day or two afterwards or have to sit gingerly wherever, but knowing I killed my workout makes it all worth it!! Sick puppy...I know! lolol!
This was the last half of set 1 and a full set 2 followed by 2 of 3 sets of DB SLDL. Can you tell that I really like these exercises? :)
No comments:
Post a Comment