I like causes, causes that make sense and serve a purpose. Not just to raise money for the same old thing, but for something that impacts future generations with lasting effect. And so it was that when the Dress for Success Power Walk event came up, I signed up to support it. But because it was last minute, I linked up with my crew from BDC instead of my own BFit crew.
Ten laps around Emancipation Park, would typically be something I rolled my eyes at....how boring right?!
But today it was quite entertaining especially witnessing the hats and attire of some of the participants including a woman in high heeled shoes and women wearing 'race-day' hats. Then of course there was this one old guy that kept walking laps around me and just about everybody else! I mean this dude made speed walking look like a dancing sprint! Of course the fact that he does an endless number of laps every Sat morning should make me feel better right? Sure it does! Nevertheless he did walk his 10 laps as did I.
I was happy to have supported a meaningful effort. I only hope that the organization pushes the TOTAL package of 'Dress for Success' not just by helping young women dress the part for success, but teaching and empowering them to take charge of their careers, lives and families in a way that will set the example for their kids and future generations.


No comments:
Post a Comment