![]() |
| Tropical Storm Sandy becoming a Hurricane |
With the threat of Tropical Storm Sandy, becoming a hurricane by the time it reaches Jamaica on Wednesday, I made quick work yesterday of getting my preparations complete before the mobs descended on the streets and in the supermarket.
Of course, even at 11am, people were already up and out trying to put things together. And so it was that I went to Pricemart for a few items, that I get better prices for when bought in bulk there than at a normal supermarket. But even at that time, I certainly did not expect the 'Michael Jackson concert ticket line' type' traffic that greeted me upon my arrival. Now I absolutely abhor lines and large crowds, especially during periods such as this, but since these items would serve me past a hurricane, I decided to stick it out. And to show you just how quickly I wanted out of there, I didn't even grab a trolley. All I wanted could hold in my hand. Yet, it still took me 45 minutes to get in and out of there, of which I spent 10 minutes looking for and picking up the items I wanted.
![]() |
| Sandy WOD for Time |
And while waiting in the cashier's line behind a guy who was buying a $10,000 mini generator (at least that's what it looked like), I observed the other shoppers in the other 7 or so lines. What I couldn't figure out was if they were shopping for a party or for several different restaurants! I mean a hurricane was on its way! But still I saw tons of meat, bags of perishable foods and of course bottles of liquor (this I can understand though). There were maybe two people (the guy in front of me excluded) shopping for anything related to surviving a hurricane. So its either they all have back up generators at home, and are stocking up in case this blows longer than expected, or they knew something the rest of didn't know. I only hope they keep safe and dry and don't have to evacuate and leave all that stuff behind, because then...what a waste!
![]() |
| Running through the total Sandy Workout |
Now back home, having made a few other stops, I was sure glad to be. The traffic heading out of town was ridiculous! Thank God I was traveling in the opposite direction! And it was because of that traffic why I decided to stay home and grab a workout instead of heading out to the gym. With just a few tools, I decided to carve out a workout that would get me sweaty and hurting in a short period of time. Man did I ever! 12 minutes and it was a very long 12!



No comments:
Post a Comment