Friday, November 30, 2012

November Fun

So clearly I've been off getting my FIT on for this month that I've had zero time to get in here an update on all this fitawesomeness right?! Well...THAT's my story and I am sticking to it. :)

Truth be told, it has been a super busy month, far more than I imagined it would be. And so, what little time I've had I've spent trying to catch some sleep and not run myself into a wreck. This has meant very little me time (including gym time) and even less time in the kitchen to create or try anything new. So what exactly have I been up to this month? 

UWI Rebels at Spikefest 2012 - Grand Cayman


Well it started with volleyball, my comeback to it particularly, which continued for 3 consecutive weekends. Cayman's Spikefest was fun and all about the lyming (hanging out with friends, pirate's weekend); UWI's Invitational tournament was full of exciting action, controversy and work; while Utech's Invitational was loaded with high energy, tense and nail biting moments. I got my volleyball fix, having stayed out for almost a year, and like the summer clothes my foreign friends put away in preparation for winter, so too I stash my volleyball shoes for the next comeback. :) 

UWI Rebels at UWI Pelican Invitational 2012

Then while in Grand Cayman, I spent some WOD time with the folks of Crossfit 7 Mile. It was my first time at a CF box and man did I love it! The WODs sucked ass cause they dropped my ass flat BOTH times BUT, the energy, vibe and community feel made the pain soo worth it. THAT is what I envision for a 'gym'! Not about how much you can lift or how much better you are than someone else. It highlighted that no matter what stage/age/race you are at, you are ALL in it for the same reason. To be better each day than you were the day before; to encourage and support your neighbour to give of his/her best; and to embrace the unknown/challenge for what it is, grow from the lessons learnt and just live in the moment!


Pirates Weekend Fireworks Celebrations
And let's not forget the clients and classes that still need to get some TLC. They make me love what I do, especially those that put in all they have, complain little and let me kick their asses with a smile! Who wouldn't love that?!!! It is tiring work, from sun up to sundown. Would I trade a moment of it? Hell freakin NO! And with December now up and running, its never too late to clean things up, get healthier, get stronger, get happier and welcome the New Year with a big ole 'GIVE IT YOUR BEST SHOT 2013...I'M READY!

No comments:

Post a Comment