Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Pancakes for the Lazy Person

As I have mentioned many a time, I am a lazy person when it comes to home life. As such I try to keep clean foods in my cupboards and fridge, have as many kitchen appliances & gadgets that my electricity bill will allow me to have and still stay under that 200KWH, and I spend most of my money on books...oh and sneakers...thanks to amazon.

It stands to reason therefore that I am always looking for the easiest way to make and enjoy healthy food. Pancakes fall into this category. Who doesn't love pancakes eh? I know I do! But darn it if finding one conducive to ''best healthy practices" isn't difficult. Not that there aren't any, but after the excitement of finding the almond/coconut flour alternatives wore off, the million and one ingredients to go in it started to get to me. So I left them alone albeit with some sadness :( But some pancake genie must have heard my plight and guided me to a blog 'Oh Snaps Lets Eat' where with TWO, yes you read correctly, TWO ingredients, you can make pancakes and super delicious ones at that. It is so simple I am upset I didn't come up with it myself! But hey, we all cant be geniuses at the same time right? I'm just super grateful that she shared! And she has recipes about chocolate + avocados too! Oh I shall be spending a great deal of time trying that one out!

Banana Pancakes

Ingredients:
2 eggs
1-2 ripe bananas

Method:
1. Blend, by hand or mixer (I used my trusty magic bullet) both ingredients.
2. Heat your skillet and grease with cooking spray or coconut oil 
3. Pour batter in, let cook on one side before turning. This won't take long trust me! They will not bubble up like traditional flour pancakes though, so you will need to check to make sure they don't burn. They are also lighter and so may even stick to the lifter (which is fine because it makes flipping them easier) but they will be fluffy and sweet. Drizzle a touch of honey if you wish but if bananas are super ripe then they will be naturally sweet.
  





No comments:

Post a Comment