Sunday, January 6, 2013

21DSD Weekend Lessons


Friday - Day 4
Day 4 of the 21 Day Sugar Detox, turned out to be a bum kind of day and with my back seemingly more in knots, I decided not do a workout. Instead I opted for some cardio and 15 minutes in the sauna. Then it was back to spending some time on my couch.
If u keep good food
There is a reason you are told to plan, then have a plan B AND a plan C when it comes to any kind of structured activity. It is to enable your success. If you don't plan, then you will succumb to pressures, either from being tired, lazy, frustrated, you name it. Pressures that will throw you of course, derail you and if you aren't strong enough sabotage your efforts to reach your dreams. The same can be said here for me and this way of eating. I can get lazy sometimes and cannot be bothered especially when I am tired. So on a day like this where I am freakishly STILL sore and in pain, I prefer to just lie down and do nothing. But a girl is likely to get hungry no? Yep, sure am! 
At 11 am (Yes I know its late for a first meal, but I did start out by saying its a bum kinda day), having not done my eggs (I usually boil a pot of them from the night before) nor did I prep any veggies, I was left standing in front the refrigerator wondering what's in there that's 'fast' enough to make so I can shut my stomach up. Well of course nothing is (thankfully I have no junk food), so had to wait another 10-12 mins for eggs to be boiled and another 3-5 mins to crack them. By this time I am so hungry my head AND my stomach have starting singing the kumbaya chorus LOUDLY! Once I fed myself I set about preparing for the rest of the day and the next day. Moral of this story? Had I done the prep the night before I would have had a meal early, not set myself up to fail and definitely I would not have caused the resulting stomach pains later on the evening. Other Moral of the story is "keep good food in your fridge (or no junk) and you'll eat no junk"
Saturday - Day 5
Another early day which saw me going to the market for fresh fruit (bananas) and veggies. Followed by a sculpt class and then home to relax...again. Its my last relaxing Saturday before the work begins again next week so I am taking full advantage. Another helpful tip, which I know Primal Toad had given when it came to the 21DSD is to 'stay busy'. There is a reason for that. Staying busy keeps your mind engaged, your body moving and YOU out of the fridge. And if you have kids or a significant other that's not doing this with you, chances are there will be non-21DSD friendly snacks and foods around to tempt you if you are idle. I don't have that temptation. Yes its because I live alone, but also because I threw out any 'undesirables' prior to starting this. That however didn't stop me from checking my pantry or fridge for something to munch on. So what about nuts, and water and fruit? Well, I only bought X amount of fruit and nuts to last each day (THANKFULLY) so I am not likely to surpass my quota. YET, I still ended up in front of the fridge whenever I had a lull in the work I was doing (I work from home too). Why? Habit, boredom maybe? Or was it because I needed to refill my water bottle that I forgot I was supposed to be doing once I opened the fridge door? Sounds very plausible I think, especially since I can be so forgetful sometimes, much to my boyfriend's chagrin...lol!
ur not hungry_bored
Either way it's one of those things my mom would yell at me for doing when I was younger. So next time I do it, I'll just imagine she's shouting at me "Shanique you better not open that fridge and stand in front of it like you're waiting on a bus!" That ought to work...I think :) I ended the day hanging out with some friends from college, had a bunch of laughs and had no trouble drinking water all night while they had fries, sandwiches and liquor. Overall, day 5 was  not so bad.
Sunday - Day 6
This started with a sweet but painful leg session in the gym followed by church. Nothing like spending some time in God's house doused up on endorphins. It's alike sitting on live wire, physically and spiritually charged. Felt really good!
Then spent the rest of the day at home, this time really relaxing. Slept some, read some, then tended to finishing programs for clients and planning the week's work schedule. Today my fridge remained closed :) and I had no issues with cravings, food, or energy. I did however get inspired to make some curried shrimp and rice (cauliflower) and  the Civilized Caveman Cooking Banana Bread (recipe posted under Fit Food Bites). Beautiful way to end my day. And looking forward to another 7 days.
only way stay consistent

No comments:

Post a Comment