Day 18! That means 3 days to go on this 21 Day Sugar Detox...Yes! Lest you think I intend to revert back to old habits, think again. I say yes because come Monday, I would have completed the challenge and THAT for me is something to celebrate. 21 Days of no junk and believe me it has not been because I was deprived of it. On the contrary, as soon as I cut the crap out of my life, there are a million and one ways, bad ways, and situations in which it shows up that would drive me right back to it. Murphy's law maybe? Who knows. All I can say is I will be finishing out the next 3 days as per usual and even more determined to see it through. I even think I'll be running it for the whole month, so that will be 30 days sans sugar. I am excited, so if you want to get as excited as I am about feeling good, if sugary foods and bad eatings habits are your vice, then maybe you should try it.
This week was a test of wills actually and one I was determined to tough out. Starting with driving for 3 hours to my parents' home. It is customary to stock up on my plantain chips, sandwich biscuit and some other kind of crap food for the journey with most of it gone within 1 hour and me left feeling sick and craving even more. This time however, I stocked up on water, roasted almonds and 2 apples. And believe it or not only was it easy and mess-less snacking, it also did not leave me feeling crappy nor hungry. In fact I had one apple still untouched at the end of the journey. Yayy me!
The other challenge was not having the same kinds of foods available to me once I got to there. I however decided not to sweat and work with what I could. And THIS was by far where I thought I was most successful. Things like canned fish (sardines, tuna, mackerel), cereal, basmati rice were staples some of which were definitely not on my list AT ALL. So did I throw a fit. heck no! After all I was there to take care of my mom post surgery for a few days. So I just made the meals as low sugar friendly as possible and utilized as much vegetables as was available. I was even able to cook basmati rice and stir fried rice for the house WITHOUT tasting it! Another yayy for me! But things like fruits, and that sweetie jar were daily temptations, I'll admit, especially when I got hungry. I'll even admit to reaching into the sweetie jar one evening, taking one of those candy cane mints out and then immediately dropping it back in. Lol! But each time I passed it without taking one was a like me doing a fist pump...yes! More yayyys!
And in response to today's 21DSD email question, "what was one good habit you've developed because of the detox" I'd be quick to say I restrengthened two things/habits this week. 1) I can drink any kind of tea without sugar, including cerasse! THAT right there is huge! Cause cerasse is horses ass bitter by itself! So like coffee taste can be easily acquired; 2) eating protein first then vegetables and fats is far more filling and doing so keeps my stomach happy. But overall the more you practice good habits, the more rewarding it feels and the quicker you are to shy away from the bad ones because of the repercussions.
| Cinnamon Coconut Cup |
My one discovery this week that makes another perfect night cap:
Cinnamon Coconut Cup -
8oz canned coconut milk
cinnamon
nutmeg
chocolate (optional)
Mix together in a cup then microwave for 2 minutes. Sprinkle with extra nutmeg then enjoy! Yummmyyyy!
No comments:
Post a Comment