Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Cinammon Sweet Potato Rounds

Somedays you just want something crunchy to go with a meal. Once, not so long ago, I would have a bag of Soldanza's ripe plantain chips to fill that need. Yummy yes, but clearly they did not fit into the 'eat real food not processed crap' mold. Since doing the 21DSD I've cut these out and once I got into those 21 days, I found myself not craving them. I would still want something crunchy but instead of buying 6 bags and devouring them in no time, I opted to make these instead.

Cinnamon Sweet Potato Chips
What you'll need:
A sharp Chef's knife or a slicer/mandolin
Baking sheet, lined with parchment paper or slightly greased foil paper

Ingredients:
1 medium sweet potato, washed and peeled
coconut oil
salt and pepper or cinnamon - for a sweeter chip

Method:
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F, line and lightly grease baking sheet with coconut oil.
2. On a cutting board, cut potato in thin rounds, or half moons if your potato is too big.
3. Place rounds on baking sheet, drizzle coconut oil and sprinkle salt & cinnamon (or pepper) and toss together until coated.
4. Bake in oven for 6-10 minutes or until rounds start crisping at the edges. Remove from oven and let cool on a wire rack before devouring.


No comments:

Post a Comment