Sunday, March 31, 2013

Crossfit Games Open Workout 13.4

So I missed 13.3, bummer! I tried, I really did but the equipment issue proved a little bit much. And so rather than kill myself, I just decided to let it go. Good news is, in doing so it didn't prevent me from the rest of the competition, only from appearing on the overall leader board. And while that sucks, its just motivation to come back next year READY for any workout. You know what that means right? If you don't, please stay tuned because I promise you its going to be big!

So around comes 13.4 and I had no intentions of missing it, equipment or not. Since the universe loves to challenge us, it wasn't a surprise that toes to bar were included in the mix of things for which you needed a straight pull up bar to hold on to. If you've ever seen a gymnast on the bars hanging with their feet pointed towards the floor only to swing from the hips, effortlessly I might add, and bring the toes up by their hands, you have an idea of what toes to bar are. As the name suggests, you bring the toes up to touch the bar. In my gym, there is no such pull up bar, albeit a very old school piece of equipment. What you have instead is one of those weird leg raise, pull up handle type thingamajigs with a back pad. This definitely wasn't going to work. So I decided to use the top of the power rack. This bar is a thick square length of metal which my poor small hands can't close around. Despite that challenge I said, "what the heck, let's do this!"

And that I did. It was tough largely because my grip was fried and I only had 7 minutes to do the ladder. But I was determined to give it my best. This is another one of those workouts I'd like to try without the time restriction just to see how long it takes me to climb until I can't go any further. That's what programming is for, so I believe ill get around to it. And is another thing to look forward to. Stay tuned!



No comments:

Post a Comment