Friday, March 29, 2013

Loaded Sweet Potato

Now this may sound like the kind of stuffed potato you get at Wendy's or any other joint that serves this kind of food but trust me it isn't. Far from it in fact. 

This is not you ordinary kind of stuffed potato. Its the kind of thing you can have for breakfast, lunch or even post workout and be happy with it. I call it my dinner for breakfast and lunch kind of meal. Simple and something your whole family can enjoy even those picky eaters. How do I know? I don't. I'm just using myself as the benchmark and even though I will eat anything I make (great tasting or not) I can tell you that the only way to know is to try it. Simple.

Loaded Sweet Potato


What you'll need

1-2 small (4oz each) Sweet Potatoes (if you don't know me, please know that sweet potatoes are my go to, every day any time of day carb source)
4 egg whites + 1 whole egg (more if you are a beast and need more protein)
1-2 tbsp chopped yellow & green onions (aka scallion)
1/2 cup chopped green leafy veggie of your choice (I used spinach)
1-2 oz chopped cooked meat (chicken or pork or turkey)
1-2 tsp olive or coconut oil
Nutritional yeast flakes (optional)

For Potatoes:
Preheat oven to 475 degrees Fahrenheit, wrap potato in foil and bake for 35-45 mins until tender i.e. a fork can run through it easily. When done, remove from oven and let sit in foil on a cutting board or plate.
In a medium skillet, heat oil and sauté onions and cooked meat until onions become translucent. 
Pour in eggs, turn heat low, and keep stirring until eggs start to come together as a scramble.
Add veggies & nutritional yeast flakes, turn heat off, cover and let veggies warm through.

To assemble, remove potatoe from foil and place on a plate. Slice through the middle, stuff with scrambled eggs, sprinkle basil or parsley and more yeast flakes. 
Serve and Enjoy


No comments:

Post a Comment