The name of this is really lame. I mean i'm looking at it and saying "that's the best you can come up with?". Unfortunately it is. I mean how many ways can you call something a frittata, which technically is what this is. So yea, the name stays.
But enough about the name, what's included in this frittata will make that irrelevant anyway. Sweet and delicious pork! Most people I know love pork, especially Jamaicans, and even more so the 'fresh off the pimento wood smoking' kind. But unless I'm taking up jerking and smoking my own pork, getting it fresh like that in the mornings isn't likely. So why not go for the closest thing, bacon, ham or pork sausage. Now, I don't recommend this daily but once in a blue moon is ok within reason. Bare in mind that not all of these are created equal, nutritionally, nor are you even sure of what is included unless the packaging says so, but when you find one that works, which I did with chorizo, then stick with it. Besides I only use it as an occasional add-on in those quick meals I need to whip up when short on time.
What You Will Need
- Oven safe skillet or frying pan
Serves 2
Ingredients
2 tsp coconut oil
2 tbsp onions, chopped
1 tsp garlic, minced
1/4 cup spinach or pak choy, chopped
2 tbsp chorizo sausage, chopped
mrs dash or salt and pepper
basil
thyme
1 whole egg and 4 egg whites, whisked
Method:
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F
In medium hot skillet, sauté onions and garlic in coconut oil until translucent.
Immediately add chorizo, stir in spinach or pak choy and let sweat for 1 minute until chorizo is browned and spinach wilted.
While browning chorizo, whisk eggs, herbs together and pour into skillet. Turn heat down to medium and let mixture set slightly i.e. where you can only lift the edge of pie away from pan.
Turn heat off and transfer skillet to hot oven and let cook until pie is completely set and can easily move when pan is tilted, 4 minutes.
Remove pan from oven and slide frittata unto a plate.
Slice and serve
No comments:
Post a Comment